WILLIAMSBURG RUNNERS FOR LIFE PROGRAM
Whether your goal is improved fitness, to run your first 5k, improve your running pace, or expand your distance and endurance, this program is for you. Yes there is a social component to this group and you will enjoy the benefits of support from your peers, but the emphasis of this program is on setting and meeting goals. This very unique 8-week program combines weekly group training runs with private coaching and is ideal for the beginner runner, the intermediate level runner and everyone in-between.
This group is coached by Carla Weier, an RRCA certified running coach. My experience as a Certified Personal Trainer and Holistic Nutrition Counselor are all applied to my running program, which is why this group is unlike any other running program available in Williamsburg.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT DURING THE 8-WEEK PROGRAM
- A fun group environment to run with two days a week for a period of 8 weeks. There will be 2 coached beginner runs and 2 intermediate runs meeting Monday and Wednesday evenings 7pm at McCarren Park.
- You will complete a detailed running survey including running history and goals. This will be followed by a group meeting to determine a resonable program to meet attainable short term goals and discuss any questions you have moving forward in the program.
- You will receive a personalized written 8-week program to safely progress you to your goals. Each week you will have a running calendar with training goals for the week. The programs will be varied depending on your experience level and time commitment.
- Every week participants will submit a weekly training summary and your coach will provide the necessary accountablilty and private coaching notes to keep you on track.
- Educational information during our weekly sessions and via email on topics related to running including but not limited to injury prevention, nutrition during running, strength training, setting realistic goals, heart rate training, and importance of a balanced diet.
- There will also be two group seminars, topic to be determined, but common themes are nutrition, rae preparation, stretching clinic, and runner specific strength training
” I highly recommend this group to anyone who is interested in running but doesn’t have the knowledge that advanced and expert runners do. Carla has helped me improve my running significantly in the last couple of months. She has talked me through techniques to improve my form and helped me discover exercises to better my endurance and pace” John M
And can you believe this 8-week program only costs $25 per week?
BEGINNER AND INTERMEDIATE DESCRIPTIONS
The BEGINNER PROGRAM will include a half hour group run twice weekly at 7:00 PM Monday and Wednesday starting at the McCarren Park track. This group is divided between two types of beginners.
- People who are new to running or who have not run in a long time and want a structured program to get into shape and at the same time reach goals without getting injured. We will start with workouts combining walking and running. The end goal is up to you, but a good goal to set would be to be able to run continuously for 3-4 miles at the end of 8 weeks.
- People who run 20-30 minutes on a treadmill or are able to comfortably run outdoors 2 miles continuously, regardless of pace. For your program the primary focus will be given to improving endurance and pacing. This would also be a good place to start for people who have run a 5k but want to run longer or faster.
If at any point in the program you progress to running longer than 30 minutes you can continue your training through the hour or may even jump up to the intermediate group. You are not limited to running with the group that you started training with.
The INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM will include a one-hour run twice weekly at 7PM Monday and Wednesday starting at McCarren Park track. This group is divided between three types of runners.
- People who can comfortably run 5 miles and want to race a 10K or improve endurance. These are generally individuals who run outdoors regularly 2-3 times a week.
- People who run consistently and have raced 10K’s and want to improve their time or want to work toward running a half marathon.
- People who have run half marathon distance and want to improve their time or want to work toward running a marathon.
The fall 8-week program is scheduled to begin with orientation October 14, 2011. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-292-2069 for more information or to request an invite to join us for a free run.
PERSONAL RUNNING TOURS
Whether you are a visitor to NYC or a genuine New Yorker, there are always new ways to enjoy the best city in the world for runners. Join me on one of my small group runs and explore historic sites of Manhattan’s financial district while getting in a fun run.
This run is ideal for business travelers who want to get off the daily treadmill, for the dedicated runner who is training for a race and would like to spice things up, or for the recreational runner who wants to explore new territory.
For more information on my running tour schedule and pricing email me: email@example.com or call 917-292-2069
PERSONALIZED RUNNING COACHING
Whether you are taking your first step toward achieving your fitness goals, want to run your first 5K, or improve your marathon times you can achieve these goals with Compleat Fitness Ltd.
Are any of these your goals?
» Run one mile without stopping
» Lose weight
» Complete your first marathon
» Prepare for a triathlon
» Improve your running form and function
» Incorporate cross, core and strength training
» Become a more efficient runner
At Compleat Fitness Ltd, I will build a training schedule for you that will vary in time and intensity as you progress toward your chosen goals. I can also incorporate personal evaluations of nutrition, muscle balance, flexibility, and biomechanics.
Contact me for a consultation to discuss your unique situation in depth.